Tuesday 17 September 2013

Vintage Dresses.

I absolutely love this line from a Taylor Swift song, so when I got the gorgeous dress stamp from the Montarga stand at Dunkley's craft show on Saturday I pretty much knew what I was going to do with it.
I had a ball doing this last night. I Mod-podged torn pieces of various papers onto the canvas, added some interest by using a texture template with some Texture paste mixed with Tim Holtz refill ink in random places. Then I used Gesso and a stencil here and there. I added a Doiley and attached the dresses. Painstakingly stamped the wording using my Kaisercraft typewriter stamps onto a sheet of card which I cut into strips and added to the canvas. From there I added some die-cut butterflys, and some flowers, pearls and some Distress Stickles here and there.
I really love it and know I'll use that dress stamp heaps.

No comments: