Thursday 10 June 2010

Something new..


Yesterday a friend from work and I went to a Zumba class! Have seen it on the tv etc etc, but wow doing one is amazing. One hour of really dancing hard out is a great workout! Felt really uncoordinated cos you just get the steps in your head and they change but wow I had fun trying and I felt fantastic, so definitely will do that again. Another step in the right direction of getting back to where I use to be....fit and healthy. Losing 10kgs has been life changing for me in so many ways. I was always "the skinny kid" right up until the last few years. I lost so much weight when I had Luekemia because you just don't want to eat, then the treatment made me feel so yuk I didn't want to eat, once I got onto the Glevac and into remission, my appetite returned....with the vengeance and food became a celebration of feeling well and happy, so much so that I put on so much weight I no longer felt like me and that of course brought it's own set of health problems. It's been so good Faye and I going to Weight-watchers, helping each other and cheering each other on, the change has been amazing.
So today I'm still on holiday and I really want to scrap so I'm thinking I might do something with this photo, it's kind of special cos it was taken the day I hit goal weight....off to find papers.
Ltr.

PS. Now that isee this photo again.....I look drunk! I wasn't lol!

3 comments:

mandyb said...

wahoooo love the outfit and those SHOES!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Liddy that is awesome going.

Mrs Frizz said...

Another one loving that outfit ... wowser!!!