Thursday 24 November 2011

One Month to Go.....

So here we are the 24th November, one month out from Christmas, but more importantly it's my brother's birthday and even more importantly we have re-found the great relationship we had as children. So this morning we are going out for morning tea, a  Thursday tradition we have started and I really look forward to.
But before I go I"m off into my Scrap room to finish a Christmas card I started yesterday, really having a ball with my cards this year thanks to all my Magnolia stamps, how could you not be enthusiastic to make cards when you are surrounded by those little faces.
Tomorrow is going to be crazy here in Dunedin. 35,000 people are going to converge on our new stadium for the Elton John concert, I won't be one of them, never really been an Elton John fan, but I'm excited for those who are going and for our city, Dunedin loves to prove we can "keep up with the big cities" lol!
We will be very busy with pre-show diners at Cargill's, and that will be cool......I hope!
Apart from that life has been pretty hectic of late, a very good friend has been unwell and helping her has been a priority, the restaurant has been busy and I have been hiring and training new staff, a job I love and hate at the same time. I love seeing people develop into the role but I hate when the established staff leave and the whole dynamic changes again. But that's the industry I guess, fairly transient.
Right off to finish that card, I will post a photo of the one I finished yesterday from my phone.
Ltr.

No comments: