Sunday 29 July 2012

A Gorgeous Winter's Day.

So after spending quite a few hours glued to the Olympics on telly, we decided it was time to get some fresh air and went out for a very long walk.
When we got to Roslyn Village I just had to take some photos, it just looked so gorgeous.
I love that little area with all it's character shops and of course Rhubarb Cafe where we had to have a coffee.
So lucky to live in such a cool neighbourhood, could never imagine leaving.
The cutest kid's shop.

Rhubarb, the coolest cafe in Dunedin, the coffee's always perfect and the food  fresh and simply tasty.
It was packed this afternoon which is pretty normal for a Sunday. I love the vibe, friends gathering over coffee,late risers enjoying brunch and families getting together over lunch.

This kid's shop has the cutest clothes around, I have just forgotten the name of it.
How embarrasing is that? Anyway They have the most gorgeous and unusual pieces.






The Florist shop always has a gorgeous window display, today it was these beautiful dolls and these wonderful mesh hangings, just gorgeous. I love rag dolls but these are seriously fabulous, well worth a closer look.
So that's my roundup of the coolest suburb in Dunedin, but before I sign off I must share another couple of photos.



I took these two from the Roslyn bridge beside the other big Roslyn attraction, Luna Restaurant. If you are lucky enough to get the table upstairs overlooking the city it is pure heaven, and oh yeah the food is fantastic too.
So if you are ever visiting Dunedin you must come up th hill and enjoy Roslyn.

No comments: