Tuesday 14 August 2007

Back to winter


Well I thought we were on our way to spring but the last couple of mornings have put paid to that theory, it's been very very cold, the frost is back and this morning there was thick ice on the car.The frost has been very different this year, rather like very fine frozen snow. We saw it on our train trip through the mountains but we don't normally get it here on the coast. But spring is on the way, the pots on our deck are showing signs of life and the bulbs are about two inches through, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Been playing in PSP X1 this morning,(have discovered that I can be quite creative first thing in the morning). I took Faye to work at 7am, came back, sat at the computer with a cup of tea and the heater on and opened Paint Shop, and viola it all started happened. I do love digital scrap booking, although I think I prefer playing with all the bits and pieces to do it the "real" way, but I guess the principle is still the same, telling a story, conveying and idea or a feeling, whatever as long as it's fun.
There is a place here now that will print photo books so I'm interested in having some layouts done to try this idea. I have printed my own and put them onto card stock and made my own book and that's quite fun, also very keen to try "hybrid Scrap booking" , that's done digitally ,printed out then other embellishments are added to give it that dimensional look. Ah yes so many things to try so little time.
And I guess that's a reminder to me that there are things I should be doing...lol.
Moving on........
P.S The digital pieces I used were from Tia Bennet's Spring Time Fever kit from Twopeasinabucket.com.

1 comment:

www.alifeandartinprogress.blogspot.com said...

Oh my goodnes...GORGEOUS!!! I got my Adobe Photoshop CS2 a couple of months ago and have not had a chance to study it..I can't wait to make cool hybrid layouts and embellishments.