Friday 21 December 2007

Christmas Blessings

This morning I am feeling absolutely exhausted, you know the feeling no time to sleep trying to catch up with all the things I should have had done weeks ago etc etc. However I just stood out on my deck with a "cuppa tea" and felt very calm, my thoughts became clear (for the first time in days lol) and I thought Wow I have nothing to stress about really. What prompted this was I was thinking about the people in Gisborne, in the North Island of New Zealand. They had an earthquake there last night around 9pm that measured 6.8 on the Richter scale. There are two buildings collapsed in the centre of the city and countless homes in chaos. Thank God no-one was seriously hurt but many severely traumatized. I can't imagine coping with this in the middle of the chaos I'm feeling at the moment. But seriously how awful, certainly at any time of year, but at this time it's just horrible to think of the upset and stress those people must be feeling this morning.
My heart goes out to them and I pray they will be safe.
But once again it makes me count my blessings and realise that if all I have to worry about is a few late Christmas cards and a "not yet perfect house" then I am damn lucky.
Hope you all have a safe and Happy Christmas.

No comments: