Tuesday 6 May 2008

China Heaven

I have just added a link to one of my most favourite places, it's Broad Bay China and they have the most awesome collection of old china. I only discovered it last year and I have only been there twice but that could be because I can't trust myself to go back. It is just heaven to any-one who likes gorgeous old china, embroideries and vintage knick knacks. On my second visit there I bought three Suzy Cooper cup,saucer and plate sets and I'm too scared to go back cos I know they have dinner plates, vegetable servers etc etc in this gorgeous range. This china dates from the 1930's, a time which I seem to have a special fascination for. I just love fine china and this is just too tempting, but it's a wonderful place to visit if you get the chance. The trip around Dunedin's Peninsular to get there is pretty awesome as well.
Well I'm still completely nuts about my new job, I love the variance in the days/hours I work. The people are all great and the work itself is so varied I can't see myself getting bored for a long time, which is a good thing. They are also very flexible if you need time off and are happy to arrange shifts accordingly, not that I'd take advantage of that tooo often.... maybe only on scrap days.LOL.
Winter is definitely here now, very cold and the frosts have hit with gusto, but at least after a frost getting a lovely sunny day like today makes it all bearable.
I must go and finish my sister's birthday card, in typical tradition she won't get it on time but then it's more of a surprise eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats just down the road from me.I hope you have organised the next Sunday off.See you then Carol