Tuesday 6 January 2009

365 Day Challenge.

I have been thinking about this since I saw it in one of last years Creating Keepsake Mags, but I got really inspired when Mandy mentioned it on her blog. Definitely doing this, just need to get some photos printed (or get a new printer cartridge and I'l be away. Saw an interesting way of scrapping 6 photos on a page in the latest Scrapbook Keepsakes mag yesterday, they print arrange 6 photos on a grid in Photoshop, print that out and then add that to a page and embellish, really cool and should get done quite fast.
Also on Mandy's blog she mentioned her word this year is ENJOY, btw check out the gorgeous header she's created with this word, it's amazing, however I have been thinking since I read her post about my "word" this year and I was going through a little book I've been scribbling in and found an entry I made before Christmas, it reads :To appreciate and enjoy everything. To make the most of all opportunities. Word for 2009 APPRECIATE.

i don't remember writing it but it sounds like a good word to me, I have so much to appreciate and be grateful for and I am going to try really hard this year to appreciate everything, the good and the bad, cos after all I have so much to be grateful for and it's easy to take it for granted, but it's more fun to appreciate it.
This reminded me of a conversation I had with one of the young chefs last night, he was explaining the hot new book "The Secret" to me, about how if you concentrate on the good things you can minimise the bad things etc etc. and how the power of positive thought can improve your life. I listened to what he said, and I had to stifle the urge to tell him that this book wasn't reinventing the wheel, we read all this stuff in the '80's, but it did remind me that this is philosophy was what got me through when I was sick and it really does work. It was just gorgeous to see the intensity on his face, like he was sharing a whole new idea... ah the innocence of youth. Bless them.
Well off to finish the Brag book I'm making for my cousin who's just become a Grandma, so once that's off my table I'm planning for Sunday and our first Scrap Day for the year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love your word for the year... stop and appreciate.... we dont do it enough.... good on you for starting the 365 day challenge