Saturday 10 November 2012

Sarah Kay.

Another card and it's not a Magnolia stamp!!!!
I was over at Elena's shop, Scrapbook Paradise the other day and to cheer me up my wonderful best friend bought me this stamp as well as a Magnolia one, ( spoilt eh), anyway I've always loved Sarah Kay stamps but never seen them available here so this is a real treat.
I haven't made cards in so long, this one has taken me all day but I love the results and seriously enjoyed getting into the crafty stuff again.
I have coloured this one with Distress Inks, and used a white pen to colour the spots on the little pink dress.
I have layered a white card base with a piece of blue card and then a layer of pink paper. I edged these with my favourite lace punch.
I then layered another piece of blue card with pink check paper before cutting a Nestabilities shape around my stamped image.
I finished it with a little stamped saying "Cherished Friend".
I then dotted Perfect Pearls over this layer, added a little die-cut flourish and layered some flowers.
Very happy with the result, and am hoping I can keep going now that I've done this one.
I'm very tempted to go and ink up my other new stamp which is a Tilda stamp, and then it would be ready to make up tomorrow, I have tomorrow off and I'd love to have another play day so I'm off to ink up my new stamp.




1 comment:

Midnightscrapper said...

This is stunning Liddy! I really really like it, in fact now I want the stamp to :-) Awesome work...