Wednesday 26 June 2013

Paper and Mess Therapy.

So I've been madly working at my table, somehow playing with paper is therapeutic, and trying new things has become the thing to do.
This is a photo of my niece and my best friend, I have always loved this photo, it really shows the bond between them. They share a sense of humor and love to share mischief.

I Mod-podged various papers to a canvas, used Glimmer mist sprays and various stamps. From there I added a Gesso heart which I painted with metallic paints, and some metal bits and pieces.
Very happy with how it turned out, I've gotten a bit keen on these canvases, I have another one on the go at the moment.
I sat this one on the lamp base last night and with the warm glow of the light on it it looked gorgeous, ( I know big headed right?), but I did love it.
So very keen to finish the one on my table right now but sadly it's off to work today so it will have to be something for me to look forward to doing maybe in the morning.
I hope everyone in the Southern Hemisphere is keeping warm cos wow it's cold. Should run a pole on how many layers you're wearing, I am the master of layers so I think I'd win.....can't stand to be cold.
Anyway bye for now.
Ltrs.

No comments: