So I was thinking maybe someone might be interested in how I did the cover, so here goes. The pocket at the the bottom is just a piece cut with an angled top and layered with paper and stuck down side and bottom.
The top piece I cut a piece of card and covered it with gesso, when it dried I took a stencil from Prima and applied some Texture paste quite thick, over the top, dried with heat tool then tore some random pieces of paper that were sitting on my table, and stuck them randomly around the edges, sprayed with Glimmer mist and dried with the heat gun.
I laid it on the cover, and glued down, added gingham washi tape down the binding then layered some shredded gauze, a Spellbinders die, (Dressmaker's Dummy) a cotton reel top and some flowers. The painted leaf is Prima as is the big flower, the lock and key is Martha Stewart, the butterfly I fussy cut from a sheet of paper, the pearls I have no idea where they came from, I've had them forever, oh and I added a wee sprocket, not sure of the brand (threw out the packaging), but I got them at Scrapbook Paradise.
Oh and the lettering is K&Co but I painted them over with Gesso cos they were a bit bright for the piece.
So I think that's about it, it's fun playing with all these mediums I definitely recommend you give it a try, trust me you'll love it.
Now off to do a couple of pages.