Thursday 25 July 2013

My latest layout......

is a bit different to my usual scrapping style, but I've discovered stamped and gessoed backgrounds and I must admit I'm really excited by it. I keep admiring this style but haven't tried it myself. This mixed media thing is kinda of getting to me.
So I'm keen to try this again, have been to Elena's today and bought some Paint Daubers and Distress stains, really keen to give them a go, not to mention the Vintaj patinas that colour metals, I coloured the little locket with the pink one on this layout, suddenly Tim Holtz is high on my "watch list" again. Talk about things going in cycles lol!
Anyway off to try something else but I'll leave you with the layout.

I've used Kaisercraft "Chicken Wire" background stamp, Prima stamps, Gesso and a little Dienamics swirl die. The little die-cut at the bottom is from a Kaisercraft pad, the flowers are Prima and Kaisercraft.
The photo of course is Gus. Love this photo it's one of the last we got of him before he got sick.
Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Sandie said...

Gus is gorgeous Liddy .... I take it by how you write he is no longer with you ... so sad and sending you hugs. Your layout is beautiful ....