Friday 2 May 2014

Autumn is Definitely Here....

it's been really cold the last few days but still very pretty with the Autumn sun, and the leaves changing colour. This weather, and of course having just come back from Scrap Camp, has kept my inspiration going and on my days off I was busy at my table creating. I love the peaceful feeling I get when I do this, the world slows down and I feel like I can breathe. A big change once I get back to work, when I feel like my brain is bombarded with ideas, facts and jobs which leaves my head spinning and before I know it I'm playing catch up.   But hey that's how it is for everyone these days I think.
Anyway on Tuesday, still on days off and still buzzing from Scrap Camp I did this page, I have to say I really love it. I had no idea when I started what I was going to do, I started with stenciling the doiley with Gesso and then cut a piece of Prima paper, stamped and inked to create the photo mat, cut and punched the strip for under the photo and placed it down. Got my new Kaisercraft background stamps and randomly stamped around the page. The little heart is special, my best friend Tatted it for me and it fitted beautifully on the page. from there it was a couple of stamped tags, and some flowers. The butterfly is very cool, it's on a thick transparency. Bought a packet of them at Warehouse Stationary.  I absolutely love this photo of Molly, she's got her kitten face on, which we don't see quite as much now as she is starting to grow into a little cat, which of course has brought on another worry, I have to have her speyed and I really don't want to put her through it. It seems pointless when I don't intend to let her outside, but when you buy a purebred cat you have to agree with the breeder that you will have it done. I understand it's to protect the breeders line but I just don't want to put her through anything bad...... ah dilemmas!
Anyway better go and do something, hope everyone's having a lovely day and enjoying the last of the Autumn sun.

No comments: