Monday 17 September 2007

Makin' Me Think

Ok so I watched the Sunday programme last night and they were talking to the Topp twins about going back on the road after Jool's has been very ill with Breast Cancer. I thought she was amzing, so determined that life would be as it was, and determined that she is going to life every day like it is a gift.
I was kinda glad that the room was dark because I had tears running down my face 'cos she echoed my feelings entirely.
When I was diagnosed with Luekemia in 2001 I was so determined that it wasn't going to slow me down ( I had a Bone Marrow test that afternoon and then insisited we went and set up for the Craft Show we doing that weekend and I did the show). It wasn't always that easy to be that tough, there were times over that next year when the medication made me feel so bad I didn't want to get out of bed. Thankfully I have a most amazing best friend who often found an exscuse why I just had to get up, whether it was to plant a new rose or watch something on telly she would often find a way to make me move.
I'm very grateful to her for this because she never let me give up work. Unless I was really really sick she would have me up, fed, in the shower and off to work at 4.30 in the afternoon. Soemtimes I would be back home by 6/630 but at least I knew I'd tried.
I guess where I'm going with this is that we fought hard for me to beat this thing and now that I'm in remission I sometimes take it for granted that I feel so good most of the time.
Watching Jools Topp made me realise that I have been very very lucky and I have been given a second chance, I must make the absolute most of this and I mustn't waste one single day because every day is a gift.
Bless you Jools for reminding me of this fact.

No comments: