Thursday 19 November 2009

It's been so long...


since I've blogged. Life has been very different over the last few months. We have had a new roof put on the house and we have been re-organising the house, the front lounge now has new curtains, cushions have been made and the couch has been covered. My scrap room is actually set up now and I can work in there, it just seems at the moment that I don't have time. I did make a start on a book the other day but somehow or another there always seems to be something else I need to do.
I'm not complaining mind you, I'm loving all the "house stuff" going on.
Last week we spent the week in Queenstown, I love that place and we drove for miles, spent time in Arrowtown, Cromwell, Clyde, Wanaka and even went to Glenorchy.
All of these places are so gorgeous, the buildings are, on the whole, old and original, but they have restored them to make them useable and give you an idea how early New Zealand was. The scenery is breathtaking and somehow you feel so relaxed.
A few of these little places also have some very cool little shops with some very tempting pieces, I succumbed to some very gorgeous coffee cups and matching cake tin.
And then of course there are all the cafe's and restaurants. Some of the places we went in Queenstown were absolutely amazing. From Pier 19 on the Queenstown steamer wharf to the most adorably french cafe we had breakfast in before coming home they were all wonderful.
However now it's back to reality and my poor Gus is not very well, had him to the vet this afternoon and he seems to be suffering from chest congestion...(who knew cats could be affected by this), anyway he has medicine and I hope the poor wee man feels better soon. He's had a rough time that's for sure, being beautiful certainly comes at a price for him that's for sure.
Anyway on that note must go check on him.
PS> The photo was taken in gorgeous Arrowtown, one of the beautiful wee restored cottages on the main street.

1 comment:

mandyb said...

glad to hear you are well (sorry to hear gus not though!!!)

all those house rennovations sounds fun.... enjoy