Thursday 14 February 2013

A Trip down Memory Lane....

 Yesterday my brother and I spent some time at the new Toitu museum, previously known as The Early Settlers, but it has been closed for two years and boy is it amazing now, if you are in Dunedin it is so worth a visit. My favourite part at the moment is the display of bands who created what is known as "The Dunedin Sound", namely The Clean, Sneaky Feelings and The Chills. I just love to sit and watch the old film and listen to the music that takes me back to the crazy '80's.
 I actually have this vinyl record of The Clean and I still love it but to see it immortalised in a glass cabinet somehow validates a time of history in Dunedin that was kind of magic.

Here my brother takes a break in one of the trams we heard so many stories about from our Mum and Dad when we were growing up. Just being there on that tram brings them closer, like maybe they rode on this very tram.

I just love what they have done to the Early Settler's Museum, they have created somewhere magic to go and reminisce and bring the past back to life, well worth a visit.

No comments: