Monday 15 October 2007

Sammie's Book




Yesterday was definitely a good day, I made up my mind to really concentrate on scrapping and ....I did. Whoa that's an achievement!Anyway I did two more layouts for the book I'm doing of Sam's early years. I found some photos I'd forgotten all about so it inspired me to do a dedicated book of her baby years, alas they seem a long time ago now sigh! All of twelves years but still that's along time in the life of a child and an Auntie who doesn't get to see her that often.However to the pages, .... the first one is a photo that a friend of mine took one morning as part of a "photo shoot". They are all fantastic and the quality is gorgeous, This is probably my favourite because this has been a "signature" look of Sam's all her life and I just love it.

The second photo was taken when she was three and the whole thing was a complete fluke, even though it looks totally planned. My sister and family were staying with us, and we went down to the city for lunch, in one of the malls they had this Merry-go-round set up complete with a pink car. Sam has always loved cars, especially old ones, so the scene was set, and like all good Auntie's I had my camera handy.At that stage scrap-booking was just a dream because nothing in the way of products were available here and I used to improvise and dream about getting my hands on "the real stuff" LOL!
For the "Pink" page I used a sketch from Page Maps by Begga Huna. I have just started using sketches, I'm trying to make myself do something different and not stick to the same formula every time. Really chuffed with how it turned out.
Used K&Co papers, Bazzil, Autumn leaves stamps,Cuttlebug, and Fancy Pants Big Board Shapes and Stamps and Maya Road stamps.

No comments: