Wednesday 9 January 2008

Calico Corner

I have to be honest I'm very excited about this layout. For the first time I scrapped something very close to my heart, (well other than Sam, my niece and Gus), but something that I guess I've shut out of my mind because the emotions are pretty raw. My best friend and I had this awesome little craft business that took us to all the craft markets around, gave us so many challenges and yet so much happiness and we miss it terribly. But unfortunately life got in the way and we had to let it go. Yesterday I was brave enough to scrap a couple of photos and journal my thoughts.....I FELT LIKE A REAL SCRAPBOOKER. When I showed it to Faye the tears rolled down her face and then mine started but I feel I've opened a gate. I now feel that I can start "keepin' it real" with my scrap projects, it's ok if it hurts it's good for the soul right?
Anyway I cut the white frame on the Cricut Exptession and punched the holes around the scallops, DCWV cardstock and some random gingham paper that was lurking in the draw, cut the chipboard hearts and the flowers with Accent Essentials on the Cricut.
So now that the gates are open I've got a couple of other projects in mind to celebrate that amazing little business that was Calico Corner.
Really quiet at work so have taken a couple of extra nights off so wahoo scrap table here I come. LOL

No comments: